Saturday, August 14, 2010

august 9,2010 email

So this week has been pretty crazy! On monday the AP's call and say im getting transferred to the sandy zone! Then they call back a half hour later and say nevermind haha. So I unpack all my stuff and then on friday they call and tell me that im going to riverton, but this time they were actually serious! I came to the riverton zone on saturday! Im in an english speaking area! Everyone is white and rich! And we also have a car! So Its very easy! My first night in this area we had a baptism , and one of our investigators tried to kill himself so it was a crazy first day haha ! We baptize alot in this area the members are very mission minded! My new Comps are Elder burton and Elder Werili! They are both good Elders! I actually have a real bed to sleep on now so thats nice haha but im still pretty much living out of my suit case! Thats okay though! haha But elder burton has been in this same area for 9 months (which is all the time he has been out) They say once you go to riverton you really never leave haha, i hope thats not true for me! I hope to get to mexico one day!! haha But some other funny stuff has happened this week! before i got transferred and i was still in the spanish area we were teaching some mexican lady and she was talking about how much she hates the catholic church and she was like " yeah they speak latin, I mean who understands latin right"? and i thought she asked if i understand latino like Spanish so i was like well i understand alot but not all of it haha so basicly i told her i spoke latin haha and she got this weird look on her face so i looked at elder dixon and he was just trying to hold in his laughs haha but yeah that lady now thinks i speak latin haha also that same day we were walking along the streets and some little dogs were barking at us as usual, so i was like " hey you little rats"! and the lady was like right there watering her lawn and she just glared at us haha i had no idea she was there! We just like started laughing haha

Dogs dont like missionaries, on friday night elder dixon got bit by a dog haha it wasn't too bad though oh well!! But yeah other than that stuff not too much has happen just regular crazy mission life! Still No wod yet on my visa but i hope to get it soon! Who knows how long ill be here!! I really like the new area im in though! So ill just work as hard as i can while im here! I love reading and studying the scriptures everyday! I know that just one verse a day can help you so much!! So Make you you strive to read and pray everyday! I promise that it will help you in every aspect of your life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment