Tuesday, April 12, 2011

4-11-11

This week was good! I am feeling all better, I am back to my 100% and I was able to work all week! Although We didnt have any baptisms this week because the whole me getting sick thing and conference kinda threw a few things off schedule, but this coming week we are looking to baptize 3 people, it coud be 4 but who knows, because on wed we are going to marry a couple, and the wife isnt a member so the husband wants to baptize her, but we dont know if he will be able to do so by this Sunday or by the next one so we will see what happens, I guess the important thing is that she gets baptized! Things are going great here and time is flying by, we are already in the last week of the transfer, and it will most likely will be the last with the companion that I have right now, Elder Guerrero, because he has already been her for like 4 and a half months, and I will probably stay here for another 6 weeks but ya never know I could also get transferred as well! I am really happy with the companion I have right now we get along really well and we always make things fun even when things really aren't that great! People always tell us weird it is that we get along so well. I have been able to learn alot from him, he has some very useful techniques in his teaching style. Hopefully I will get another good companion for the next transfer! So this week we have also been looking for a house in our area because we live with 4 other elders and we have a to walk quite a ways to get to our area, so president told us to strat looking for a house, so far we havent really found anything good, because our area is really poor and the living standards here dont meet the mission requirements! Well let me give you the day by day of my week!

Tuesday- Was my first day out working, I wasnt quite sure how it would go because that morning I didnt feel to great but we really needed to go out and work because we havent gone to see lots of our investigators and other less active families that we are working with! So we decided to just go out and work! It went good we went and saw the people that we hadnt passed by for in a few days and they were really happy to see us, lots of people said they thought that we had left them and they said they were really sad, everyone told me how skinny I looked, because I guess I lost a few more pounds from the whole being sick thing! We had a pretty good day and we did lots and since we were so busy I didnt have to think how I was sick, so that was nice!

Wed- When I woke up I felt pretty much perfect so I decided that we would leave a little earlier than normal so that we could get in a few more lessons and visit a few more people that we had been neglecting due to lack of time! Its kinda sad how little time we have, because we have so many people that we are teaching so we arent able to give to much attention to those who arent really progressing! Then when lunch came we went to our appointment and the sister wasnt there so we went and ate with an investigator who has a little restaurant! Which was fine! Then we went and visited more people and taught a few lessons!

Thursday- Not really too much happened, just a normal day full of lessons and talking to people! the weather here is really weird, its starting to get really hot during the day then usually in the early evening clouds come out of no where and get us soaking wet then the clouds leave again and the sun comes out and then it makes it really humid, then by night time it gets a little cold and I have to use my blanket to sleep haha.

Friday-was a crazy day we had to get pretty much everything done in the morning and early afternoon because we had a surprise party planned for an investigator that we have because it was her birthday, so we had the party and its went really good and everyone had fun. The lady that we are teaching has 3 kids and one of her nieces lives with her, she has a daughter that is 15 the niece is 21 and the two sons are 15 and 20. So after we left the party because it was over, the 20 yr old son got mad for some reason and started yelling at the mom so the 21 yr old niece told him to be quiet and tried to defend her, and the the 20 yr old starting hitting the niece and then after he beat her up he beat up the mom, and so the 15 yr old girl called the police and the 20 yr old went running, so the niece sent us a text and asked if we would please come over, it was like 1030 at night, so as we were walking over to her house we saw the niece her name is yen, and she was walking towards of with her hands on her face, and when she took her hands off we saw that her face was all bloody, and she told us all what had happened so we walked her back to the house and we talked with them and helped them clean up their wounds, and they were scared he would come back so they asked us to stay for a little while because the police never showed up, the system they have here really isnt that great. So we were there until like 2 or 3 in the morning! It was really sad I don't know what kind of a person would hit his own mom, its just sad.

Saturday- we had a ton of stuff that we had to do so we stayed busy all day and we were both really tired and sad because of what had happened the night before, but we carried on and went threw the day, nothing special really happened just a regular day. Then in teh afternoon we had to go see a doctor so that they could do a check up to see how I was doing, so they did a few tests and took my blood again, and they said that I was all better and that I dont have any infection anymore!

Sunday- We had church and it went really good then after we got invited to another birthday party of one of the sisters that we baptized like month ago, so we went to that and they fed us mole and chicken, then after that we had to go eat with the bishop, so we were really stuffed after that! Then we had to go give the sacrament to some sick members in our ward who weren't at the church that day. Then we had an appointment with Jose Luis and the Julio and his family! Then we headed home and we played some Uno!

No comments:

Post a Comment