Tuesday, August 23, 2011

4-20-11

So this week was good, I dont really have to much time to write a whole lot. So ill just talk about the important things that have happened. On wed we were able to get a couple married, the husband is a member but the wife isnt, she will be getting baptized either this Sunday or this next Tuesday, we arent sure yet because she wants her family who arent members to be able to come, so that they can see the baptism and that we can start teaching her family as well! The ceremony was good, we just went to the civil records ( I think thats how you say it in english) and they singed some papers and we took some pictures, then after they had a little reception thing that they invited us to, that was fun we just ate mole and chicken, which is what they always serve at weddings or birthday parties haha, not much of a variety around here. Then on Sunday we had 4 baptisms, there names are Julio, who is 16yrs old, Berenice 16, Karina 11, and Gorge 9. The service went really well, we had the young women sing a special hymn then we had our whole district come and sing while an other elder played his violin! It was a very good service, we have been teaching this family for about 3 months now, and the parents still say they arent ready so we just baptized their kids, hopefully that will motivate them a little bit! So on sunday they told us tat my companion elder Guerrero was getting transferred to salina cruz, which is the hottest part of the mission, and about 7 hours away from here. So he packed his bags on sunday, they told me I was going to be staying in La Joya for another transfer, and that my companion was going to be Elder Lopez, who had already been my companion about 5 months ago. So on Monday while I was at the bus station to drop off my companion, the assistants called me and told me that they were going to change my comp, and that it was now going to be an Elder Garcia, but he didnt get here until tuesday at like 5 in the morning, so I went and got him at the bus station really early on Tuesday. He is from Mexico city, and has 13 months in the mission, and even though he has more time than me, they made me senior companion, He is kinda mad about that, but we still get along really good and he is a cool guy, he plays like 7 instruments and was in a rock band before the mission, he also use to teach piano and so he says he wants to teach me, so that should be cool! Other that than nothing else is really happening, just hot during the day and rain storms in the evening!
I hope you have a great week

Love elder stradling

No comments:

Post a Comment