Friday, January 28, 2011

1-17-11 email

So I really enjoyed this week, I'm really started to just enjoy and love my mission now. I really like the area that Im in but I could only be here for one more week, because this is the last week of the transfer, I hope I don't change because we have alot of people we are teaching, we have a young girl that we are planing to baptize this weekend, but it could get delayed till the next week, then the week after that we have 2 others that can get baptized, so I really hope that I want change areas next week! I really like the zone that I'm in, we always do fun stuff, like on Mondays we go play soccer in the morning and its weird but I really like soccer now, I think its just because I have always loved to get out and run around and play sports and that's really all there is here so Ive just learned to enjoy it! Then on Monday nights we have district meeting and after we all go out for tlyudas, there kinda like Quesadillas but taste way better! Then after we after to sleep over at some other elders house because there aren't any buses back to our area after 8pm. Then there we always play uno, I forgot how fun that game can be!

Well let me tell you about my week,

Tuesday started out very slow because all of our morning appointments fell through, so we just tracked which was pretty good we found a few new investigators. So most of the time when we go to eat lunch with the members they always give you some kinda soup first, then they bring you other food. So the sister that we were eating with brought us a bowl of soup and I ate it real fast because I wanted to get to the main course because, Im not really a big soup fan, so the sister asked if I wanted more soup and I was no like "no I'm ready for the meal" and she like looked concerned and was like that was the meal haha, I felt really bad because after that she went and made some eggs real fast haha. After that we had a few other appointments, then we had a ward counsel meeting which are always interesting because the 2nd counselor to the bishop is kinda crazy, like one time he gave us a ride to our house to grab some stuff really fast and he just walked right in and layed in my bad and called one of his friends and just layed there talking for like 15 min haha. He is kinda a bum all he does all day is sit in his room and play his guitar and watch tv. So at the meeting we were talking about plans and stuff and he always just goes way off subject or will like start arguing with the bishop haha

Wed we found a new investigator that we are hoping to be able to baptize this Saturday, she is 9 years old and her mom is already her member but her dad isnt, but he lives in another state, and said that he doesn't mind if she gets baptized, but we still dont know for sure yet what will happen there. So this area that Im in has a ton of less active members so we always teach alot of less actives but its been good because we have gotten like 10 to return back to church, so that always feels good to be able to help people make these changes in their life's. We went and taught a less active family and it went really well but the husband isn't a member and is a drunk, and I dont know why but I dont have to much patience when it comes to drunk guys who neglect their families. So I guess Im always really hard and upfront with them, my companion always tells me after lessons with drunk guys, that he thought I was going to fight them or something, haha so I guess I need to learn patience with that.

Thursday started out good because the bishops wife wanted to make us breakfast, but breakfast her is just like regular meals haha but we had enchiladas with some steak, they were good! After that we went to teach Paola, and that went really well, she is really progressing and her and her husband are both pretty interested, its really cool to see how the gospel blesses people life's! Later we had a ward activity where we went out with members to visit less actives and some of our investigators. And lucky me I got pared up with that crazy 2nd counselor to the bishop, we went and visited a investigator, and it didnt go too bad, he is just really weird and when the investigator would try and talk he would just shush her and talk over her haha. The investigator that we went to visit is pretty interested so it was okay.

Friday we had zone conference and the mission president came down from Oaxaca and both him and his wife gave very good talks and he gave a very good training, he is a great teacher and really knows alot about the gospel and has a very strong testimony, I have really learned alot from him, but I will be getting a new mission president in June, I will miss him but I think its good to be able to learn and see 2 different presidents! After the conference we went to a few appointments and the zone leaders called us and said they wanted to do divisions so we had to go back to Juchitan and I went with elder Baert in his area and My comp went with elder Monesterio in my area.

Saturday, I worked in the other area all day but it was very good. The night before when we were taking taxi towards the zone leaders house some kid that was in the taxi also, asked if we were elders, and we were like yeah and we talked for a bit but then he had to go so we asked him where he lived real fast and he gave us very vague directions how to get to his house, But Saturday, when we went to search for him we found it on the first house we knocked, and we taught him and he was very interested and said he wanted to be baptized. Its just really cool to see the lords hand in this work, like the odds of us finding his house were very low, but we were able to find him and teach him. Later we taught some other appointments and for one we had to walk like 5 miles out to the middle of nowhere, where we taught some guy who didn't speak Spanish very good, because his first language is Zapoteco, so we will have to bring a translator next time. Later we went and taught the young men in his ward some stuff out of preach my gospel. Then later I went back to my area.

Sunday was pretty good, my companion and I were able to give talks, my companion really doesn't like to give talks but I do. So he was mad about it. He just don't know how to talk to people, when he teaches he like glares at people and talks like he is very bored, and he does the same when he talks, I don't know how to help him, maybe I will get a new companion next week! Later we had a meeting with our ward mission leader then went and taught some lessons and thats it!

Well I hope taht you have a great week! tell the kids that I love them very much and to be good and be the best they cane be and to be a light to other people!

Te amo,

Elder Stradling

No comments:

Post a Comment