Friday, January 28, 2011

12-13-10 email

This last week was pretty good but it ended with a bit of a twist. I found out Saturday night that I was being transferred to the Istmo, to an area called espinar! The istmo is famous for its tradition and culture. Only about 3/4ths of the people speak Spanish, the rest speak a language called zapoteco, so no I have to learn another language along with Spanish, so that will be an adventure. I was kinda sad to leave my last area in etla, because we had alot of work and like 5 baptisms that were just about to happen, but I guess its okay, I guess this is where the lord wants me to be!

Well let me tell you about my week,

Tuesday was a pretty calm day but we had to wake up early and go to choir practice, which is annoying because we have to take a tavi all the way to Oaxaca then come back to our area which is an hour both ways! When we got back we got some really good work done and taught alot of lessons. For lunch we had what I would call mexican corndogs. They were taquitos with hot dogs in them, and since it was made with a corn tortilla it kinda made me think of corn dogs! Then we had a lesson with Denise, she is the niece of the Mexico city temple president, and here when friends greet eachother they kiss eachother on the cheek and when we went into her house she tried to kiss me haha so me and my comp were like whoa sorry but we cant do that haha, it was pretty awkward and just came out of no where, but I think she understood!

Wed we didnt have to go to Oaxaca for choir practice, so I actually got to study which I really enjoy! Then we went out and worked, had a meeting with our ward mission leader and had lunch with him and he was getting mad because I was able to eat spicier food than him, I dont know why people take such pride in that haha. Then we had to go to Mata damas to teach a lesson, it went really well, then we went to Nazareth to teach Abdiel and that also went very well, except his son who is gay wanted to sit in on the lesson so that made it kinda wierd but I guess everyone needs to hear the gospel! Its getting pretty cold here, so people like wear snow clothes because they just arent use to cold weather, And me, I reallty dont mind the cold so On wed night I was juts wearing a short sleeve shirt and people kept looking at me like I was crazy haha.

Thursday we had to wake up early and go to Oaxaca for chior practice then we came back and worked, nothing too exciting really happened, just a regular day as missionaries

Friday we had to go to Oaxaca once again, then we came home and for lunch the family that we were going to eat with are having some money problems so we decided we would cook for them! So we made them some carne asada tacos, they seemed to like them pretty good! After we ate we taught some good lessons and got alot of things done that we have been needing to do!

Saturday was a good day, alot happened, I woke up made some good breakfast,then we went to the church and taught the young men and women how to teach the 1st lesson, for their mutual, then we went to Denise's house for a lesson and when we got there she asked us to help her put up her Christmas tree! So that was nice to do since we didnt really get to do that with our families, we got to put lights and decorations on the tree! So people here really arent good at guessing my age, I get some really crazy answers some say Im 16-17 and some say I look like Im 24, thats what Denise said haha but I guess its not too bad, my comp and I both guessed her age wrong too, I thought she was like 21 or so and my comp said 22 but she is only 18! I just cant tell how old people are here! So after we helped her put her tree up we taught her and her mom a lesson, and it went really well! After that we went to lunch and we had pork ribs, they were pretty good! Then we went to sams house, someone we just baptized and while we were there we found out that we were both being transferred, My comp went to the coast which is like 9-10 hours away, and I went to the Istmo which was 6 hours away! So we both went really far! We were both sad when we got the news because we loved our area! So after that we headed home to pack because, we had to leave the next day! On the way home we got attacked by some dogs but we fought them off, niether of us got bit bad which is good! While we were packing I decided to make a cake that Tiffany had sent me for my birthday! It turned out pretty good, Ill send some pictures of it! We didnt get to bed untill like 12am because we had to finish packing!

Sunday was our last day in the Etla ward, and we found out when we got to church that we were going to speaking! So I prepared a talk during the sacrament haha, I dont know how I do it but its so easy for me to give like 15-20 min talks, I just love talking about the gospel! So after church we were saying bye to people in our ward and it looked really bad because like 4 of the young women were crying, and I dont even know why, I had only talked to them like 3 times, I dk but it prob looked really bad! After church we went and ate really fast then some members picked us up and we went to the Church where the movie Nacho Libre was filmed, because it was filmed in my area! So I got some good pictures of that! Then we went to our house grabbed all of our stuff then went to the zone leaders house because I had to sleep there because my comp was leaving that night to his area. So when we go there I left with one of the zone leaders because he had to go to a dentists house because he was going to an area far away where there arent good dentists so he had to get something done really fast. So we went there and I just waited and talked to the dentists wife for 2 hours about different things, mainly about catholics because that day was the birthday of The Virgin Mary (how they know when she was born, I have no clue haha). Then we finally left at about 11pm and had to go to the bus depot. Then we took a taxi home and went to bed for a few hours and had to wake up at 4am because my bus was leaving at 7am so we woke up got ready and went to the bus Depot again then I got on the bus and took the miserable 7 hour bus ride here to my new area! My companions name is elder Espinoza he seems pretty cool!


Te amo,

Elder Stradling

No comments:

Post a Comment