Friday, January 28, 2011

11-29-10 email

This week went pretty good, yeah it was pretty hard being away from home for thanksgiving and all, but no one celebrates it here nor does anyone really know what it mean! We had quite a bit of success this week in our area, we could have 3 baptisms this up coming weekend, which is always good then hopefully another 2-3 the next weekend! Im still pretty sick but I have just accepted the fact that Im prob just going to be sick for the 17 months that i have left! Speaking of that yesterday was my 7 month mark, it seems to be going by pretty fast but then i think hmm i still have 17 left so I decided to think of it as I have a year and 5 months left, that sounds alot less to me haha!

So Tuesday started out really good! We taught some very good lessons and picked up 2 new investigators pretty early then we had some other good things happen, but not too much really happend that day.

Wed I started reading the book of Mormon in English again, Im still reading it in Spanish also, but I read much slower in Spanish and its just not really the same because I dont understand all the words, because just like in English The scriptures are kinda written in a different wat of speaking and uses uncommon words. I really love the book of Mormon and it seems like every time i read it I just get more and more out of it! Its really just an amazing book! Also we went to a Pueblo where some of our investigators live its called "Matadamas" which translates to some thing like "lady killers" haha my companion and I though t that was pretty funny!

Thursday Thanksgiving, was different and not very great haha we stayed pretty busy so I didnt have too much time to think about what day it really was. So my thanksgiving meal consisted chorizo and black beans, oh and some tortillas of course! Then for dessert I didnt get pumpkin pie, but I got some roasted peanuts with some salsa. So no it wasnt to great but oh well its over now! So something that my companion and I do is we buy pogs, Those circular paper things haha that were popular like 8 years okay, well here its still real popular and the kids love them! So we buy pogs and give them to kids and that gets them to pay attention when we are teaching haha

Black Friday- Didnt start out too well, our first 3 appointments fell through so we just had to find stuff to do throughout the morning, but as the day went on things picked up! I got to listen to some American music on the bus but it wasnt really my ideal music to listen to haha, it was Justin Bieber, haha it made me think of Hannah and Mel, because they have beiber fever haha We also got a very good referral from the Temple President the Mexico City Temple, turns out his neice lives in our area, so we went and taught her and she seemed very interested! We ended the night by eating some Tamales, not a bad day!

Saturday Very good day, we were very busy and didnt have enough time to do all that we wanted to get done but thats okay! For lunch we ate with the bishop and he made some very good food and he always makes us eat a ton so we left very full! After that we went and taught like 5 lessons and gave 3 people a baptismal date! 2 of the people that we gave a date to want to be baptized sooner but cant because they have to get married first so hopefully they will do that this week! We are finding alot of people to teach and are at times overwhelmed with things that we are doing! Thats a good thing though!

Sunday was a good Relaxing day, we really didnt do too much, we went to a little ward party thing at a members house and I had a very good time just sitting and talking and joking with the members, I really like the area Im in and the members are all pretty cool too haha, they are all pretty proud of there ward, they always say that there isnt a better ward in all of Mexico! haha




Love

Elder Stradling

No comments:

Post a Comment