Tuesday, August 23, 2011

7-18-11

Well my first week back in the city was pretty good! It seemed to go by kinda slow though, I think thats because I am still learning the area, and I have never been on this side of the city, so everything is new to me, and Im just getting use to everything, Our area is pretty small though, they say its the smallest area in the mission, and that makes it kinda difficult to baptize, but this week we found someone who we might baptize this Sunday if not the next! We have been contacting alot because when I got here there really wasnt any good investigators, and I forgot what its like to contact in the city, the people are so rude and ignorant! And to make it better, this whole week it has been raining non-stop, literally, I thought Id get a break from the rain when I left the coast, but its been raining here a ton too! Im sure my shoes are getting worn out because they get soaked every day! Then I forgot my umbrella in my last area, and its like 12 hours away, so I had to buy a new umbrella, because for the first few days I didnt have one, and I got completely soaked each day! So I decided to invsest in a new umbrella! And guess what the ward here is smaller than my branch was in my last area! Yesterday there was only 57 members at church! I guess its just because the area is so small, but the bishop told us this morning that they are about to make the area bigger, so that should be good! Other than that, nothing else has really happened thats too exciting! I have just been a bit more busy! Things are going pretty good as district leader, the only bad thing is that there are sister missionaries in my District, and as district leader everyone has to call me in the night and give me a report of their day, and the sisters, just keep talking and talking, I feel like loyd, in the movie "dumb and dumber", when he is at that bar and that lady just keeps talking and talking and he says ( will you just shut up!!, I dont care!!) But of course I cant say that to them! Oh well I guess it helps me learn patience! Well I really dont have much more time to write! We got caught up doing other things today!

I hope you have a great week, full of fun and success!

Con amor,

Elder Stradling

No comments:

Post a Comment